Friday, May 30, 2014

I Get to Teach!

     Wow! It's been forever since my last post! But you know, when summer rolls around there are so many things that need to be done. Our garden has been planted, landscaping finished, lavender/blackberry/raspberry plants/bushes have been pruned back, and our mamma goats sure are getting big. Just about one month and we'll have goat kids running around and the milking will begin again!! I've been looking forward to that for awhile now. Oh, how I love summer! 

     Ok, so to get to what this post is ACTUALLY about! I get to teach this summer! Yayy! I've wanted to do this for a long time, but just waiting for the right opportunity to come along. Well, it has finally came. I'll be teaching two different classes this summer at The Colorful Cupboard! One being for younger kids...Ages 6-11.
      They will be learning how to sew there own finger puppets! This class will be on June 14th, from 10-12. Each child will get to choose two puppets they would like to make. I'm really excited for this class! I love working with younger children! 

      The second class will be 'Weave your own headband!' 

      And as funny as it may seem, they will learn to do it on a dowel rod! This class being more for ages 12-17. I'll be offering this one on June 18th, from 4-6. 

      But don't worry, if you can't make those dates I'll be teaching again in July and August! 

       I'm so excited I finally get to do something I've wanted to do for awhile now! Although, I am a little nervous about this whole new experience, it's going to be great! Life is all about new experiences - Changing things up - Pulling you out of your comfort zone - Trying new things! Besides, you only live once - Why not live everyday to the fullest? Trying new things and loving everyday you have here on this earth. I'm so thankful the opportunity has finally come my way! I'll keep you all updated on how the classes go. 

 Have an AmAzInG Friday!!!  

Source


No comments:

Post a Comment