Thursday, March 27, 2014

How Did I Get Started?

    
     How did I get started? Or where did I learn? I get those two questions so many times...So, here's a post on just that. 

    In 2007, after acquiring 4, which then lead to eventually 10 alpacas, is what started it all. Searching for something that would put their beautiful fiber to good use, we finally stumbled across spinning and weaving! My, I can't tell you how happy I am we came across what we did! As of 3 years ago, the alpacas have since moved on, but my love for spinning and weaving have only grown stronger...It's something I never want to give up. 

  Shortly after the alpacas came, so did the spinning and weaving! Lessons too! We drove to Columbus, IN to pick up my spinning wheel...Yes! I actually started out spinning - which I do so little anymore...I'm bringing it back though! And then the lessons. A lady by the name of Windy Feree, owner of Windy's World, in Williamsburg, OH is where it all began... We went there once-a-week to start out with spinning lessons. But seeing all those looms that covered her shop, I knew immediately it was something I wanted to learn too! Shortly after, maybe a couple of weeks, well you know...There came the weaving lessons too! I couldn't resist seeing those looms and not getting my hands on them. Wow! Am I sure glad I did! After maybe a year, I decided I wanted to go further with it...Then came the art shows and festivals. Starting with just a couple, I now do around 6 per year. They are some of my favorite days of the year! I love spending time just talking and meeting new people, while seeing lots of familiar faces too! 

   I honestly spend probably 50-75% of my day weaving/spinning/sewing. I can't help it! It's the first thing I think about doing each morning when my eyes first open... It's been 7 years since I first started, you'd think I might me getting a little tired of it by now. But, I'm not! It seems like I enjoy it now, more than ever...My passion for it seems to only grow stronger as the days pass by... 



   I hope I'll never have to give up my weaving! I have met so many amazing people through the years, I never imagined I would. And to think it all started with some string and basically...Well ...wood! Wow! Just amazing! "Enjoy the little things in life, beacuse one day you will look back, and realize they were the big things." <<< Well, I guess that sure explains it in every way...The smallest things sure come out to be the biggest things - I love how that works! So, "THANK YOU" to everyone who has supported/encouraged me to continue doing something I love! Without all of you, and of course, God above, I wouldn't be where I am today! YOU are all what made, and continue to MAKE it all possible! 

Have an AmAzInG Thursday everyone!!
  
You can check out my Facebook Page   << here. 



Quotes/Sayings of the day:
Why am I so happy? Because I feel grateful, thankful, and blessed. Every single day, my intention is to appreciate all the good in my life. 

Life is like a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you only spend it once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment